This dwelling is a good example of where an existing dilapidated dwelling (protected structure) was totally transformed by careful modification and restoration. It had been unsympathetically sub-divided into bedsits in the 1940’s and had fallen into disrepair. The modifications largely returned the dwelling to it’s original layout and properly incorporated various extensions that had been added during the years starting around 1900. The dwelling itself dates from circa. 1784. The original door and internal staircase were retained and restored. Existing original plasterwork and mouldings were also retained where existing. Significant effort was also put into upgrading insulation levels where possible without compromising the historical fabric. The new layout simplified the plan and maximised light entering the dwelling. All services were renewed.